2020/21 Scholarship Winners
We are delighted to announce that after hundreds of applications, and many outstanding entries, that the winners of this academic year (2020/21) Which Rehab Student Scholarships are:
- Amanda Shields from Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland
- Katie Ettles from Coatbridge, Scotland
Congratulations to both Amanda and Katie for their ourstanding applications.
Thank you to everyone who submitted an entry.
We will open scholarship entry submissions for the year 2021/22 next summer (2021).
Annual £4,000 Student Scholarship Scheme – Entries Closed for 2020/21
Information, Application and Eligibility
NATH Ltd – operating as Which Rehab – are a UK-wide addiction treatment organisation providing free, expert advice and guidance to help people overcome addiction.
Our aim is to help as many people as possible find the correct treatment for their addiction – whether misuse of alcohol or other drugs, eating disorders or behavioural addictions such as gambling.
We are offering 2 scholarships of £2000 each for the academic year 2020/2021 to undergraduate or postgraduate (not post-doctoral) students studying addiction or any other relevant healthcare subject.
Subject areas include but are not limited to:
- Mental Health
- Social Science
- Social Care
- Substance Misuse
- Any other subject in the caring/health sector
To apply for the scholarship, please submit a written article of between 800 to 1000 words with your ideas to improve national health and wellbeing, and if possible, in relation to addiction or substance abuse.
This could be anything from government policy changes like implementing safe drug rooms, to corporate programmes like free fruit and veg, to third sector initiatives. Any concepts you write about should be feasible, but you have creative freedom.
The directors of NATH Ltd will choose what they deem to be the most imaginative and meaningful entry based on creating a healthier society and greater wellbeing for all.
The winning entries will be published on our website.
The closing date for applications is 1st November 2020.
The recipients will be chosen and announced bythe 15th November 2020, with the scholarship awards paid in 4 stipends of £500 in November 2020 and in January, March and May 2021.
To apply, please complete and submit the scholarship entry form on our website at: https://www.whichrehab.co.uk/scholarship-application/
Please read the eligibility requirements before applying!
We look forward to receiving and reading your entries!
The applicant must:
- Be able to show that they are enrolled in a course, or have accepted a firm offer from, a UK-based validated provider of further or higher education
- Be studying a relevant full-time undergraduate or full/part-time postgraduate course
- Have not held a NATH scholarship in the previous 4 years
- Submit an essay, in English, of original work no longer than 1,000 words via the website application form at: https://www.whichrehab.co.uk/scholarship-application/
- Provide a personal statement of 300 words or less demonstrating your interests and background. If you have no background or experience of addiction treatment and therapies, that’s okay, as long as you have a desire to study a helping profession. You may also like to add why the scholarship fund would help you in particular
- Apply by no later than 1st November 2020 (11:59pm GMT)
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees to abide by the Terms and Conditions of the Scholarship Program.
- No applicant will be eligible to receive a Scholarship unless NATH determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that all requirements for eligibility have been met.
- If a potential recipient cannot provide evidence of eligibility by end of November 2020, NATH reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship and select another recipient.
- By submitting an entry, the successful candidates agrees to the possible use of their essay contents by NATH for their website and other literature. Any UK or international student that meets the above criteria are eligible to enter.
- NATH directors, employees or their families are not eligible to enter.